Friday, June 18, 2010

Chalkboard Sign Redo

I found this frame/easel/whatever you want to call it at the Salvation Army store...it was really dirty and had two clear acrylic pieces with a photo between them inside...those just slid out and I replaced them with a piece of particle board that I sanded and then painted with chalkboard paint.  It was a natural wood that had lots of scratches on it so I decided to paint it blue!
I thought I had taken a before picture, but couldn't find it...maybe I didn't take one!
Anyway, the whole project cost only $4.  The frame was $2 and the particle board was only $2, I had the blue paint for the frame and the chalkboard paint left over from other projects.
The board slides out the bottom and there is a little plastic tab you turn to keep the board in...
My sister Sarah and I hope to have a booth at a craft show after Thanksgiving and I thought this would be great for a welcome to our booth sign!  Until then I plan to use it around the house....
I'm really liking it!

10 comments:

Sue said...

I love it! It's always wonderful to transform something no-so-great into something great!

Unknown said...

Great makeover! It turned out very cute!

Thanks so much for linking up!!

Nicholette said...

What a great makeover! Thanks for linking up, you have an awesome blog!

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

This is great...I love a menu board! Thanks for showing it to us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

Erin Wallace said...

This is really a cool project! Here from FBT, hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin

Nicole said...

stopping by from TTA! have a great day! :)

i love this craft!

Kathleen said...

Wow! How creative. I would never have seen an old frame and thought about coming up with something like that. It looks great!

Following your from Tag-along-Tuesday. Please stop by my blog if you get a chance.

Kathleen
http://www.lifewith4boys.com

Estylo Jewelry said...

Hi, I'm following you from Tuesday tag along. Looking forward to read your blog :)

Sandra.
http://www.estylojewelry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with it. Chalkboards are one of my favs. Thanks for linking up with 6 Inches of Ribbon. come back friday to link up again.

anne maskell said...

I love this idea! Especially the menu! Saves everyone from asking the age old question, 'What's for dinner Mom?' I'm visiting with the pj party, I hope you visit me too!