Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MDA Fundraiser

These two guys are the reason my family hosts this MDA fundraiser, my nephews Beau and Gabe.  They have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, there is no cure for this disease...you can read more about it here.
There is a walk, where people get pledges to walk (or ride)...
There is a silent auction, tables and tables full of fun stuff!
There are the kids...here is Beau on his new (as of this year) scooter and his mom Jenny (my sis).
Here I am in my walking boot!  Still healing after my surgery in July, but getting better every day!
Elena is fascinated with my cane, my son Sam is trying to retrieve it for me!
It is a really relaxed setting, people bring their pets, lots of dogs to pet...
and lots of family...things were different this year because we didn't have Dad with us...
Beau loves babies...he's holding my great niece Audrey here...she thinks she is too big to be held like a baby though!
Ruth (my niece) with her niece Elena, now 3.
Lots of good food!
Ruth with baby Audrey...

A little basketball...
and Sam and Elena and Josh "driving" on the playground...lots of fun games and stuff for the kids!
Hey, does this kid have a license???
Notice Charlie's arm reaching behind Ruth's head, just pestering!
My mom bought this for me....yup that is $70 for this really cool purse my sister Sarah made from a recycled wool sweater.
And we have a live auction..this year we had a St. Louis Cardinals package, a large wooden toy chest, a new rocker recliner (my mom got that!) and lots of other cool things people donated to the cause.
My brother Chuck is the auctioneer!
So after an afternoon nap when the fundraiser is all over...we head on over to my sister Jenny and her husband Travis' house for a relaxing bonfire and chili and dogs...hot dogs that is... 
We had this dog there, sitting in a chair fireside!  How funny...she looks like she is smiling here!
Tired Gabe here!!
Maggie with Elena
Haley Jean

And a tired baby eating some green beans with rice cereal!  Mmm mmm good!!
Baby bird...
And here's Josh, I mean Mr. Cool!
Good food!
And the good news is that we grossed $48,000 for MDA!