Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bright Flowers Spring Wreath

000_0100I did a bit of planting today…I am not going all out this year like I have in the past because I hope to get the house painted and I didn’t want to move all the deck containers and plants.  000_0099I love these hot pink zinnias I found today!  And this wind chime is a great blue and yellow green.000_0097I have had this little grapevine wreath that needed decorating and this little spot on my bedroom wall that needed a little wreath…so today inspired by these colors I made this wreath!100_0694It is made from wool felt, some crocheted flowers, and buttons from my button bin.  I cut the leaves from three colors to create a little more interest and used buttons or felted balls for the centers.  100_0697The flowers are all colors, blues, yellows, pinks and purples with the green leaves. 100_0698I think the pink one in the bottom right of the next picture is my favorite…it has a red button center. 100_0699The wreath looks perfect in the spot I made it for!  The picture on the bottom left I got from Target for $2.51 and the picture on the right is the MU campus where I graduated with my BSN a few years back.  My niece Jess took that picture and it looks great in black and white!100_0688So, that is my project for the weekend.  I have a ton of sewing to do and I need to do a post about the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day which starts May 23!  Stay tuned for that post.  100_0693I haven’t yet decided what I am going to give away, but will be making that decision in the next 24 hours.

I link to these great parties!

Ellen

23 comments:

Unknown said...

that is SUPER cute! i like the variety!!!

Tim said...

I love the brightness and variety!

Donna Baker said...

that's a lot of fun color!!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is SO pretty! Such detail and such beautiful shapes and variety of flowers -- just lovely!

Amanda Dale said...

What a fantastic wreath and the colors are so vibrant! Thanks for linking up to Say What? @ The Ivy Cottage Blog!
-Amanda

Jill said...

What a beautiful wreath! I love that you used so many different types of flowers in there! Gorgeous!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

. said...

I ADORE your wreath!! It is absolutely darling!! :)

Ashley said...

i love it!!! turned out so cute

LrSchwtz said...

That's a really cool wreath! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful twist on a new kind of wreath, love the colors.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Sew Can Do said...

Great job - it's reminding me flowers should be blooming outside very soon! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

Julieanne said...

I love how bright and happy this looks! This would be great on my front door for spring :)

Simply Bungalow said...

Love the wreath. The colors are beautiful.
~Heidi

Theprincessandthetot said...

LOVE!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for linking up to "It's a Party"!

radhika said...

All your flowers look great!

Anonymous said...

ok all of those things are gorgeous, the wreath especially looks great and I agree next to the black and white it's perfect! Nice!

annies home said...

very pretty and how perfect for spring thanks for sharing
shopannies@yahoo.com

Alison Agnew said...

your flowers are lovely and that wreath is adorable! very creative...thanks for posting to fridays unfolded!

alison
stuff and nonsense

Pat Harris said...

Love this!!

Jenn Erickson said...

Ellen, your wreath is gorgeous! Such color and detail!

Love your zinnias too! The pink is exquisite!

Thank you for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

Jenn

D+B said...

Love your blog!! I am your new follower :) if you would like to follow me @ for.the.love.of.blogspot.com I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup..