Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Ten

100_0980
This beautiful red flower comes back every year…just one of them…I have no idea what kind of flower it is.
100_0995
Can’t believe how the plants in the water garden are growing…the fish are getting really big too! Added some new oxygenator plants last week and I think everything is happier.  The feathery plant to the right of the fish is one of them…called parrot’s feather.
100_0976
I slept right through this storm…note the umbrella rods are bent upwards…I found the cloth of the umbrella on the other side of the house!  Luckily I had just bought another umbrella at an auction for $2!  It is green, not my favorite color, but $2!!  I couldn’t resist!!
100_0977
You would think that I would have heard this since it is right outside my window!
100_0979
Angel wing begonias…love em so much!  I always have one or two both inside and outside!  And there are so many varieties of them too!
100_0993
This butterfly loves the lizards tail plant…and I must say, it does have unique beautiful spiky blooms!
IMG_1270
Ruth and Charlie (niece and nephew) horsing around…at the auction barn, helping their dad helping set up for a Monday auction on Father’s Day.  Getting along like true siblings!  Such great kids, or young adults I guess I should say!
IMG_1271
Breakfast Sunday morning…mmm good!
IMG_1252
Strange Father’s Day…I missed my Dad no less than the first Father’s Day without him a year ago.  Seems strange not to get him a card, not to call him on this day!
227317_1059989913036_1624579398_30173939_6436487_n
My dad and mom at my sister Susan’s wedding. 
UndertheTableandDreaming
Ellen

3 comments:

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Love your pictures! What a great idea to post 10! I might just have to copy that idea ...next Tuesday!

I am sorry for your loss. I don't think we are ever 'old' enough to be without our parents.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

I have a shot of the same type of butterfly, great post!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Ellen - Great pictures. I love the butterfly - how gorgeous! I have so many butterflies around I am definitely going to add one of those plants to my garden list. Thanks for sharing. Your pond is fabulous...that is also on our to-do but I don't seeing it completed for quite some time. The plants look fantastic. I am glad the umbrella was the only thing damaged in the storm....It looks like you had some rough weather...I can't believe you slept through it =) Thanks so much for linking your Tuesday Ten - I greatly appreciate it and love reading everyone's posts! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn