Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Thoughts

I wandered around in the yard today…
100_3728
Usually around my birthday (which was a few days ago) I feel lucky to have a few daffodils blooming…
100_3730
This year the daffodils are already bloomed and the blooms are dried up…but these narcissus are blooming like crazy!  These I dug up from my great grandma’s home site years ago and planted them all around my home and even in the woods.  These flowers will grow anywhere!
100_3732
And I was tickled to find the hydrangea sprouting!  I got it last year and it had a beautiful blue bloom on it when I planted it, but no further blooms. It was pretty scrawny too, and it got too dry a few times, but apparently it survived!
100_3738
Sure hope it blooms this year!
100_3737
Any time I go out in the yard my two yellow kitties follow me around, just begging me to take their pictures!
100_3735
My son made this swing out of a board from the garage when he was 10 or so…he used to swing on it nearly every day…I have to smile when I see it out there swinging in the breeze.  My boy is 18 now!
100_3740
The lilac bush is going to have beautiful blooms in a few more warm days.  It rained all day today but after a few more days of sunshine, it will be wonderful!
100_3743
I planted about 200 of these grape hyacinths over the past few years…I can only find about 10 of them scattered around the yard. 
100_3745
This might be why I can’t find more of them…the cats tromp all over the yard!
100_3753
Although this cat certainly looks innocent!
100_3751
I never seem to have trouble growing dandelions though!  Happy spring!
Signature

3 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

So lovely to see the signs of spring in your garden Ellen. I'm really enjoying autumn and planning planting bulbs, thanks for reminding me to get onto it!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

I have to confess that I have not even opened my back door for 3 weeks so I have no idea what is happening in my garden! I did peek out the kitchen window and see green so it appears that I need to get out there this weekend, do some garden clean up (I always leave anything with a seed head standing to dry for the birds) and see what surprises there are for me. I hope I see my hydrangea bush starting to green up, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your lovely pictures of spring. I miss having a yard. At least I can live vicarously through your pics.