Sunday, June 24, 2012

Free is good…

100_4721

This was my entertainment center for oh, lets say about the last 25 years…it has outlasted many televisions!  And yes, that is my broom, I always keep it behind the door for quick access!  You never know when you need to fly somewhere in a hurry!

100_4722

Several weeks ago a friend/coworker asked me if I would be interested in a few pieces of furniture FOR FREE.  I looked at the pictures and they were great pieces.  This console is older, not sure how old but I am thinking 1950s, and solid wood.  It has a few scratches and general wear, and I am considering leaving the top finished wood and painting the bottom part.

100_4723

Not laminate, not pressboard, not even veneer.  We picked it up today and brought it home….I love it!  It has tons of storage and I can keep things out of sight.  The wood is very close to the same color as the wood on my sofa.   Sorry for the bloody scene on the TV…M*A*S*H was on while I was getting the new entertainment center fixed up and taking the pictures!

100_4724

I love how it looks! I am working on a framed picture which will be perfect hanging above the TV.  Now, see the pic below?  That’s our old dog Rachel’s pillow in front of the console.  Yes, we are so excited to be getting a rescue dog tomorrow!

100_4725

She is a little wire haired terrier of sorts…she was a stray and has been at the Humane Society for about 10 days now.  We are thrilled to be bringing her home…Sam and I have both miss having a hound in the house!  I will show pics of her when I get her settled in tomorrow evening.

Signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You were so lucky to get this for free! I love consoles. It looks really good in your room.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Congratulations on the new furniture - it looks fabulous! - and the new dog!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

Love the new piece!