Sunday, September 16, 2012

Itty-Bitty Cloche

I found this hideous weensie pheasant under glass at Salvation Army ($1) Saturday.  I was looking for a sweet little tea cup and saucer for a gift basket, but didn’t find that of course.

100_5860

Instead, this ugly little bird with fake grass but it was in a glass cloche with a wood base.  Isn’t it just wonderful?!

100_5878

The glass wouldn’t let go of the base, so I soaked the whole mess in a cup of warm soapy water…it just popped right off then. I cleaned the glue off the base and sanded it really well.

100_5877

I used a turquoise enamel I had leftover from another project…perfect color, distressed it real good after that and I was good to go!

100_5882

It’s only about 4” tall and makes a great way to display a special seashell or crystal.  Oh, and can I interest anyone in a lovely pheasant?

100_5883

That’s all I have for now…Hope you are having a good week!

I am linking to these great parties…

Signature

14 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Lol! Love what you do Ellen. Maybe the pheasant would look better with a spray of white??

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

Poor pheasant, I think he is kinda cute. I need to go look at my salvation army for crafting stuff, I always forget about there.

Diane Higdon said...

I kinda liked the little guy too....LOL...Love the turquoise color on the base.
I have found some real finds at our local goodwill as well. Almost like going to a garage sale. :)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh that is so sweet! You will get a ton of use out of that cloche!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

very cool find love what you did with it

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a cute little thing! So petty! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Gluesticks. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Honey at 2805 said...

very cute, Ellen! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

Nicole said...

Cute! I love the color you used for the base.

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved the pheasant-I thought he was cute,too!

Donna Wilkes said...

I'm with Deb - spray that pheasant white - he will fit in somewhere. I love tiny treasures and this cloche would make a perfect display place for them!

Unknown said...

What a great rescue and Upcycle! Love the cloche.. it has endless possibilities!
Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party~
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

Ha! This is sooo cute! I agree, give the little fella a shot if spray paint, before you send him packing!

lisbonlioness said...

I am so glad the ladies agree- don't shoot the pheasant just yet, I feel so sorry for the ugly wee thing! Yeah, spray it white and proclaim it to be art, that'll totally work (well, at least so I keep telling myself when I break out the spray paint!)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the small cloche! I'll have to be on the lookout for one!