Monday, November 19, 2012

What I’ve been up to this week…

100_6284

I found this great vintage burlap colored ribbon at an auction…I think I only paid $4 for each box and most of the rolls are really full.  Can’t wait to put it to some use!

100_6283

Making some early Christmas presents.

100_6295

I made a few garlands for my etsy shop…

100_6281

I hope to get them listed today or tomorrow!

100_6272

All shades of blue Christmas trees from recycled wool…you can find them here in my etsy shop!

100_6232

I made a new terrarium from an old jar with a metal bail that I bought at an auction and from leftover patio plants…the jar was full of old wooden spools when I bought it!

100_6228

I added one of the rock owls to keep watch over the plants.

100_6221

This weekend we had to relinquish our pooch Weego back to the humane society.  She was a stray when we got her five months ago and she has become increasingly aggressive and she is a biter.  She attacked the UPS man and basically any visitors we had.  We talked to dog trainers, our vet, the humane society staff and folks at PetSmart, seems the consensus is that she will always be that way.  So, my heart breaks to take her back there…but I pray they can find a special home for her.

photo (8)

She is a very sweet dog and very intelligent, loves to play fetch, loves to be petted and loved on, but she is the most aggressive little dog I have ever met!

photo (5)

Beautiful sunrise…

photo (9)

I did some running around at a craft show and thrift stores last weeked.

photo (10)

I love this darling footed plate made from a dessert place and an inverted drink goblet.

photo (11)

Tuesday evening I went to hear Maya Angelou  speak, her theme was be the rainbow in somebody’s cloud!  It was a wonderful speech and she would now and again break into song.  The picture is of a chandelier in the Missouri Theater.

photo (12)

This cloche was really cute, but the price tag, not so much!  $198!! No thanks!

photo (13)

Love this thought!

Signature

No comments: